Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Me, me, me, me...

The test results from Friday weren't available to the oncologist today, so we don't know what the extra fluid in my abdomen means yet. But the other indicators (yes, those crazy platelets) were in good enough shape that I received another round of of the new chemo. 

I feel fine, mostly knocked out by the drugs that protect me from other side effects (anti-nausea and anti-allergy, etc.). I expect to feel okay tomorrow, too. If not so drugged I miss out on it.

Abbie and Howard are at a mandatory meeting at her high school right now about college applications. Lord, will I be happy to have that process behind us -- and I'm not even the one who'll have to do them.

I'm glad people like the idea of having these posts to check when they want to find out how I'm doing. But please don't forget that I want to hear your news, too. Even when it's not great news or earth-shattering. Emails are fine for that.

It seems like lots of my friends have occasions in September or October that I'm failing to acknowledge -- so to them, happy anniversary or birthday or new year as appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment