Friday, September 23, 2011

Give and take

This is already getting weird for me. Who wants to hear the techy medical events of my day? Certainly not me. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

But here goes. I had platelets administered and fluid drawn from the abdominal cavity for testing. Even though it took five hours or so in total, due to the usual small complications like computer glitches and orders between the doctor's office and outpatient care not lining up quite the same, it was no big deal physically.

The hardest part is spending hours hanging around the hospital. I was in bed the whole time; Howard was in various waiting room chairs. Why is it so tiring to sit or lie down all day?

We'll see the oncologist early next week. I don't know for sure when we'll have results or exactly what we're looking for.

The pain meds may still knock me out part of the time over the weekend, but there's no reason I shouldn't feel pretty well overall.

And th-th-that's all folks. Whether or not you're old enough to remember Porky Pig.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how tiring (and painful) spending so much time horizontal can be. I feel for you. Thanks for these updates.

    ReplyDelete