Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No birthday wishes

Busy day here. Since last week was so hard as far as my weakness, we set up a bunch of evaluations with home health care. I saw a nurse, a physical therapist and an occupational therapist. We started getting a bunch of stuff in order -- we have on order a walker, compression socks, several such things to make it easier for me to get around. I'll see therapists several times a week, and will work to rebuild my strength. We're hoping this is a turning point that will get me on my feet again.

It will take a while, I know. I'd prefer just to curl up in a ball and sleep. But I'll give it my best shot. As Howard wrote in one of his essays in Liminal Space (can't remember which), the "battle" metaphor isn't my favorite one for fighting this disease... brave, etc... but there's still some punch in me.

Till then, I'm not up for visitors, I'm afraid. And, please, no public birthday mentions. Thanks for the notes and wishes, though. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Personal New Year, then. May this be that turning point, and may your strength and hope flourish in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday dear Linda! Many thoughts and prayers are with you from the Kennedy clan out here in good old Loveland... And the whole Kennedy clan, for that matter! I'll be emailing you some family news as soon as I figure out the iPad... Love to you and yours, leZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not mentioning a thing, not publically or otherwise, but I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh ... publicly. I've never been able to type 90 wpm or spell. Dang that English degree!

    ReplyDelete