Friday, October 7, 2011

New post, old fogey?

Once upon a time...

I could type 90 wpm. Now most teenagers don't know what wpm stands for. It doesn't mean much for job searches anyway. I certainly have trouble finding the home keys. Which are different than house keys, which I can't find either.

So how can I be expected to operate the library's online loan system? I don't mean to put myself in the Luddite category, because I can be good at this stuff, but it should be easier. Do I need a separate iTunes account to check out  an audio book from the library?

Ah, well, at least there's plenty of good music on the iPod.

Update? Still very weak. Trying to figure out how to make logistics work, with some progress along those lines. Lots of sleeping.

Good night.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just figured out I can post a comment if I do it "anonymous"ly. So much for trying to tie to my google account. Well, now I don't have to clog your email inbox, Linda...Love, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now, it works with my Google account...okay, folks if you've been having trouble posting comments, it may be worth trying again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! I miss you extra today. Let me know if/when you are up for a visit.
    And thanks again for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to check stuff out electronically for my road trip with Declan this summer and was equally flummoxed. I tried a couple of systems, they just weren't that user-friendly.

    Hope you're feeling stronger today. Declan is at his first Earth Scouts meeting right now (I figure he already is one, we're just making it official).

    ReplyDelete